How Do I Get My Husband Back?

(Chennai, india)

Dear Madam,

I have been married for 1 1/2 years. Ours was an arranged marriage. My husband is a very nice person basically, but is dominated by my in-laws. We used to fight only because of my in-laws as they used to shout at me for silly things and he never used to defend me, afraid that they would neglect him.

A lot of issues came up, and in October 2009, I was sent to my parents' place. He hasn't called me since then. I tried calling him, no response. He changed his number also. When he sent me to my parents' place, he told my dad he wanted a one year break without legal separation, but also he would not communicate during this time and with no assurance of taking me back.

What do I do? Please help me.

Save your marriage

Comments for How Do I Get My Husband Back?

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Mar 15, 2010
Is That Best?
by: Penny

While he's thinking about what's best for him, you need to do the same.

Decide for yourself what is best for you regardless of what he decides. What he decides may be best ONLY for him.

Do you want to take control of your life and do what's best for you?

Is it best that you get him back? Re-read what you wrote about the situation and him. Is this the kind of person you really want? One who will listen to others, who will just walk out and not communicate with you all the while?

Do you want to sit back and wait for him to tell you the way it's going to be, not knowing if he will want you back?

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Relationship Advice - Ask Laura Love (aka LauraLuvv) a question.

Site Build It!


Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Love Quotes.